The Met Gala has been one of the most anticipated events in the fashion industry for years. Hosted annually by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, the event attracts A-list celebrities and fashion designers from around the world. Every year, the Met Gala has a theme that sets the tone for the attire worn by the guests. From the theme-inspired ensembles to the eye-catching accessories, the Met Gala has witnessed some of the most memorable fashion moments in the history of fashion. Here are some of the best fashion moments at the Met Gala:
1. Rihanna’s unforgettable yellow gown: Rihanna arrived at the 2015 Met Gala wearing a stunning yellow gown with an elaborate train. The stunning creation, designed by Guo Pei, took two years to make. The dress was made of canary yellow satin and featured a fur-trimmed train that measured 16 feet long. The look was completed with a matching headpiece and gold stilettoes.
2. Lady Gaga’s four outfit changes in 2019: Lady Gaga is known for her dramatic fashion statements, and her appearance at the 2019 Met Gala was no exception. The pop icon made a grand entrance with four different outfit changes on the red carpet. Her ensembles included a hot pink gown, a black strapless gown, a glittering bodysuit, and a metallic crystal-covered bra and panties set.
3. Beyonce’s sheer Givenchy Couture gown in 2015: Beyonce stunned the crowd at the 2015 Met Gala with a sheer Givenchy Couture gown. The dress featured a high neckline, long sleeves, and intricate beading. The daring look was accessorized with a bejeweled headpiece.
4. Zendaya’s Cinderella-inspired gown in 2019: Zendaya arrived at the 2019 Met Gala in a Cinderella-inspired gown designed by Tommy Hilfiger. The blue ball gown featured tiered ruffles and a light-up skirt that sparkled as she walked. The look was completed with a blonde wig and glass slippers.
5. Cardi B’s burgundy red gown in 2019: Cardi B’s Met Gala outfit in 2019 was a showstopper. The singer wore a burgundy red gown designed by Thom Browne. The striking dress featured a massive train and was detailed with 30,000 feathers and beads. The look also included matching gloves, a headpiece, and a quilted bag.
6. Kim Kardashian’s “wet look” hairstyle in 2016: Kim Kardashian’s appearance at the 2016 Met Gala was notable for her “wet look” hairstyle. The reality star’s sleek and shiny hairstyle was created by famed hairstylist, Luigi Murenu. Her makeup also made a statement with bold, smoky eyes.
The Met Gala has always been a platform for celebrities and fashion designers to showcase their creativity and innovative ideas in fashion. It has also served as an inspiration to fashion enthusiasts around the world. With such iconic fashion moments, the Met Gala will continue to be one of the most anticipated events in the fashion industry.